Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Class 3/4/08

I am a little disappointed with the progress of some of the students. There are students that have been in the class since September who cannot remember past movement 4 of Taikyoku Shodan. I am at a loss to understand why that is so other than:

1) I have not been a good enough teacher.

2) Students are not practicing enough on their own.

3) All of the above.

I must stress that it is up to the individual student to practice what has been taught that day. It is a teacher's responsibility to teach you something new, and assist a student in perfecting what they learned so that new knowledge can be passed along. If the student doesn't do what they need to do to advance, then it is on them.

Eventually, some students will get left behind if they do not push themselves to succeed. I will not promote a student with sloppy technique and no knowledge of their requirements. Remember that there are plenty of classes and your teachers are available to assist you. Step to the plate and do some remedial training on your own so you can advance.

Remember, my goal is to make every single one of you better than I am. To go past me in my own technique and level of mastery.

I hope all takes this to heart and will put more effort into their training.

Osu.

No comments: