Thursday, March 13, 2008

Classes March 12th & 13th

Worked on kata today. As stated previously, kata is the essence of what you do. What you put into your katas, you will get out of it. Garbage in, Garbage out.

Practice with a sense of wanting to do it right the first time. That does not mean you will not make mistakes. That does not mean you can't do better. Just try to perform your katas with power, finesse and good technique. This does not mean you rush through your performance. One of the students tonight showed how, when taking their time, their performance looked good.

As some of you noticed, I am unhappy with the level of self-control and self-discipline by some of the students. When you become a distraction, you take time away from others. Note that I have been nice and tried to be patient. As much patience as I have, it does have its limits and I will do things to remind students of what's expected of them. Hopefully you all got a sense of what that is tonight.

Taking advantage of my kindness and good demeanor will only upset me and I will remind you of it. You are to maintain a high level of decorum and self-discipline. Let's have fun learning, but keep in mind why we are in Karate class.

Osu.

No comments: